Relatives of the Chinese passengers on board missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 are becoming increasingly frustrated over the mystery of the plane's disappearance.
The search for the Boeing 777 continues in the southern Indian Ocean 10 months after the plane disappeared with 239 passengers and crew aboard.
Malaysia's transport minister said about 26 per cent of the priority search area in the southern Indian Ocean had been covered so far.
But some family members have taken it upon themselves to search for answers by hiring a private investigator and approaching authoriti
Almost every day, for the past nine months, Pune-based Pralhad Shirsath gets a call from the Malaysian Airlines. Each time, there is a different voice on the line, but the questions remain the same: “How am I? Do I need help? And, we do not have any new information (about MH 370 which disappeared mysteriously on March 8) and the search results will be updated,” says 44-year-old Shirsath.
KUALA LUMPUR-- Sarah Bajc is holding on to her mementos of life with Philip Wood, an American executive who took off on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 more than nine months ago and never came home.
They include a gold-painted Agamemnon mask, adorned with a knit hat from Mr. Wood's childhood, and a photo of the trim 51-year-old Texan on a trip in Thailand, shot in the low light of a mountain shrine where they once sheltered during a typhoon warning.
It's been more than 9 months since Malaysian Airlines flight 370 went missing on March 8, and Sarah Bajc, whose boyfriend Philip Wood was the only American adult on board, still has no answers about what happened. She shares her story as part of "2014 Voices," a special series of essays and interviews with the newsmakers behind some of TODAY.com's biggest moments of the year.
A Malaysian family is suing the country’s government and Malaysia Airlines for negligence in the disappearance of flight MH370.
The suit was filed by lawyers on behalf of the two young sons of Jee Jing Hang, who was on board the plane when it disappeared on 8 March with 239 people on board.
Gary Chong, a lawyer for Jee’s relatives, said the suit was filed in a Malaysian court on Friday.
KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 30 — The family of one victim aboard the still-missing Flight MH370 will sue Malaysia Airlines (MAS) and Putrajaya, among other local authorities, for negligence and breach of contract at a High Court here tomorrow. In a statement today, lawyer Gary Edward Chong said he and Datuk S. Arunan of Messrs Rusmah Arunan & Associates have been instructed by the next-of-kin of passenger Jee Jing Hiang to file the case at the court registry at 9am tomorrow.
A group which says it represents the families of the missing people asks whether a compensation claim should be "worth less than the price of an automobile or a couple of first class tickets on a Malaysia Airlines flight"